Contractor Quality Commitment
The Contractor Quality Commitment program was developed by the Small Contractors Committee of the Pennsylvania Builders Association to provide a program of positive support to the construction industry. The program provided for two (2) phases: to establish criteria for membership and to develop and enforce standards of excellence for reputable contractors; and to educate the general public as to the benefits of receiving services from reputable contractors.
The BIA had developed a local CQC program that identifies acceptable levels of industry professionalism establishes a screening procedure for a new and existing member and provides a method for handling consumer complaints. The Contractor Quality Commitment Standards are as follows:
- I agree to meet or exceed local codes, laws or fees which might be applicable.
- I agree to provide a One-Year Warranty that would be compatible to the standards that have been established by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) for warranty companies.
- I agree to abide by the findings of the Quality Review Committee and promptly respond to and rectify defects as defined by local codes and/or residential warranty program for work or products supplied by the Contractor.
- I agree to use written contracts and change orders and describe all prices and specifications accurately and honestly.
- I agree to use only materials equal to or exceeding the quality of those specified in the contract.
- I agree to maintain a credit rating that is acceptable to my creditors, suppliers & subcontractors and which conforms to the generally accepted practices within the industry.
- I agree to annually supply the organization with proof of Workers’ Compensations Insurance, if I have employees, and proof of Liability Insurance with a minimum coverage of $500,000 per occurrence.
I agree to abide by the Code of Ethics and the Contractor Quality Commitment Standards to maintain credibility and assure public confidence in the Building Industry Association of Lancaster County.
Each member signs and agrees to abide by the Code of the Ethics and the CQC Standards when joining the BIA.